The STAR Seminar series is aimed at our graduate students, faculty and area teachers, and speakers will include CSULB faculty and other experts in the field of science education.
The Association of Future Science Educators (AFSE) is sponsored by the Science Education Department to support future K-12 science teachers with programs that include "how to" workshops regarding job interviews, field trips, and content based inquiry learning techniques. AFSE is a student chapter of the National Science Teachers Association and the California Science Teachers Association. Please RSVP online for these events.
- Feb 9th - SC AApT New Physics Teacher Workshop (Waves) Location: Santa Monica college. A great workshop for new physics teachers (or those relatively new to physics) run by the SC AAPT. Includes lunch and parking.
- AFSE: Feb 11th - 6:00 - 8:00 pm - "Assessing Science Practices and Building Teacher Science Content" Do a hands-on performance task (and tie it to NGSS practices) and then learn about NSTA's science PD online programs (free). Please bring laptop or iPad to this event. Location: LA5 - Room 343
- Feb 14th - Physics Teacher Demo Day "Electricity and Magnetism" PH2-122 - 4:30 pm-5:30 pm
- Feb 27th - Thesis Presentation"Examining Participation in a Dolphin Observation Citizen Science Program" by Susan Magdziarz @ 2:30 p.m. in room HSCI 201
- March 4th - STAR Seminar - IImproving Education for All: Active Learning in the Science Classroom" Presented by Lisa Martin-Hansen
- AFSE: March 19th - 6:00 - 8:00 pm - "Something Fishy" Do squid dissection and other hands-on marine science activities which help teach important life science concepts. Location: LA1 - Room 314
- AFSE: April 18th - 6:00 - 8:00 pm - "Forensic Science & the Common Core: Exploring Blood Spatter” - Presented by Lynn Grady
- Commencement 2013 - Friday May 24, 2013 @ 1:00 pm
Past AFSE events | Past STAR events