The next Demo Day will be on May 16, 2013, from 4:30-5:30-pm in PH2-122.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 13 for complimentary parking.
Can you tell which one of us is the Physics teacher?
We're all high school physics teachers and you can be one, too.
*AVS Science Educator's Workshop, October 28-29, 2013 in Long Beach -- Calling all So. Cal. middle and high school science teachers! More information can be found on the flyer.
- *TUITION SCHOLARSHIPS for 2 ASU physics Modeling Workshops (June 10-28)
Cheng Modeling Instruction Scholarships are TUITION SCHOLARSHIPS for physics teachers nationwide who might not otherwise be able to afford a Modeling Workshop at Arizona State University.
The Cheng scholarship is an amazing opportunity for graduate credit. For teachers in western states, a Cheng scholarship and WICHE in-state tuition (below) make our MNS degree in physics affordable.
Download an application form at
in the section called "Important information about the Summer Program".
Up to twenty HALF-TUITION scholarships of $1,500 each to non-Arizona teachers, and up to 10 FULL TUITION scholarships of $3,000 each to non-Arizona teachers from Title 1 school districts (defined as any public school district that receives Federal Title I funds). These scholarships cannot be combined with other scholarships from ASU.
Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, April 24, 2013.
Recipients will be notified by Tuesday, April 30.
Scholarship recipients must
* be U.S. citizens,
* expect to be assigned at least one section of high school physics in the next school year,
* apply to ASU as non-degree or MNS degree graduate student
(by May 13, to avoid an ASU $50 late fee),
* take the ASU Modeling Workshop in mechanics or modeling-adapted CASTLE electricity for ASU graduate credit. June 10-28 at the ASU - Tempe campus.
Course details at http://modeling.asu.edu/MNS/MNS.html
These 30 scholarships are offered by a married couple who desire to expand Modeling Instruction in physics, which will increase the competitiveness of American workers in the long run.
* Applying to ASU is easy & costs $70.
* I can arrange on-campus apartment housing (~$360); or suggest low-cost family housing.
* For half-tuition Cheng scholarship, seek matching funds from your school or local ed foundation, Soroptimists, Kiwanas, K of C, etc. Ideas & sample budget are at
Questions? call or e-mail me: Jane.Jackson@asu.edu 480-965-8438