Transfer Students looking to apply to CSULB
- Each major in the College of Natural Science and Mathematics has major specific degree requirements that you must complete before transferring.
- We also recommend using ASSIST to determine the courses offered at different California institutions, which will satisfy the specific course requirements here at CSULB.
Mandatory Advising for First-semester Transfer Students only
For Natural Science and Mathematics majors ONLY (during the first semester)
All CSULB transfer students are required to receive Mandatory Transfer Advising during their first semester at CSULB. CNSM transfer students must meet with their undergraduate faculty advisor in order to have their advising hold lifted. Please check MYCSULB for other holds and enrollment appointment dates/times.
Print out the Transfer Advising Form and complete the list of your currently enrolled courses and a proposed spring course schedule prior to seeing you undergraduate faculty advisor.
Meet with Your Faculty Advisor during their Drop-in Hours.
- Visit your undergraduate faculty advisor during his/her drop-in hours to receive advising and to ask any questions you may have (For GE questions, see the Academic Advising Center).
- Important- Bring the completed Transfer Advising Form, and your Academic Requirements Report (found on your MYCSULB, drop-down menu, on your Student Center).
- Your faculty advisor approves and signs your Transfer Advising Form.
Remove Your Hold.
- Make a copy of your form for your records.
- Turn in your signed Transfer Advising Form to the CNSM Academic Advising Center (HSCI-164C) to release your advising hold. Allow 3 working days to have your advising hold released.
- Register for your classes during your enrollment date (see MyCSULB)